Media and Information Literacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stereotypes and Representations in Media

+14
patrickoliveros68
CsaTolentino
Nichol John F. Famadico
miraflor anacio
bayaban_romela
Armanalejandro27
alfonso.yahra01
SJAreola
Rivera.John.Michael.R
escala.krist
salango.lester
ellaelaeh
jine
Neil.Xtian
18 posters
Go down
Rivera.John.Michael.R
GURU

Stereotypes and Representations in Media - Page 2 Empty Re: Stereotypes and Representations in Media

Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:00 pm
What is the importance of stereo typing
escala.krist
escala.krist
GURU

Stereotypes and Representations in Media - Page 2 Empty Hmmm

Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:00 pm
salango.lester wrote:Why do people stereotype others?
Well i think people often think that a person may be the same as the other that's why they stereotype.
Rivera.John.Michael.R
GURU

Stereotypes and Representations in Media - Page 2 Empty Re: Stereotypes and Representations in Media

Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:03 pm
How can I prevent myself from stereotyping others?
escala.krist
escala.krist
GURU

Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:03 pm
Budoy wrote:How can I use this in real life
Apply it in your daily life, in social media and even as you interact with others. But remember to avoid stereotyping too much or in a wrong way, you should still think deeply and understand someone before judging them Smile
escala.krist
escala.krist
GURU

Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:04 pm
Budoy wrote:What is the importance of stereo typing
It can be used to easily and quickly respond to situations because it makes you think that something would be the same of another thing based on your experience.
escala.krist
escala.krist
GURU

Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:05 pm
Budoy wrote:How can I prevent myself from stereotyping others?
well it's really not necessary to prevent yourself to stereotype people, but if you want to, simply avoid comparing people with one another and just think that everyone is unique.
SJAreola
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:34 am
How does stereotyping affect our way of seeing and experiencing the world?
alfonso.yahra01
alfonso.yahra01
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:27 am
What could be the worst possible thing might happen to people from stereotyping?
alfonso.yahra01
alfonso.yahra01
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:50 am
salango.lester wrote:“There is nothing wrong with stereotyping people”. React to this statement.

In my opinion, the statement is true. There is nothing wrong with stereotyping people because you are just giving your assumptions about them. The thing is, the result whether it could be bad or good depends to the reactions you could get from the people you stereotyped.
alfonso.yahra01
alfonso.yahra01
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:23 am
salango.lester wrote:Why do people stereotype others?

I think, stereotyping is a defense mechanism in which people classify others through their experiences. People would think ahead that some might be bad for their safety. So, they judge others to prepare themselves for the things that might happen. And this could be one reason why people stereotype others.
alfonso.yahra01
alfonso.yahra01
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:42 am
SJAreola wrote:How does stereotyping affect our way of seeing and experiencing the world?

Stereotyping affects our way of seeing and experiencing the world by giving us our limitations in doing different things. For an example, you wanted to join a certain group of people, but, stereotyping prevented you. Because of the assumptions of others, you were dictated which group you should be fit in. And that is how stereotyping affects our way of seeing and experiencing the world.
alfonso.yahra01
alfonso.yahra01
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:55 am
[quote="Rivera.John.Michael.R"]How can I prevent myself from stereotyping others?[/quote]

You could not prevent yourself from stereotyping. But, you can prevent yourself in giving wrong judgment. When facing new people, do not think that you already know them at the first glance. Be open to know them well before giving your claim about those people and in that way, you could give the right judgment.
alfonso.yahra01
alfonso.yahra01
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:57 am
salango.lester wrote:Have you ever been falsely stereotyped?

Yes. I think so.
alfonso.yahra01
alfonso.yahra01
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:25 am
salango.lester wrote:Can the group where someone belongs describe him/her as a person?

People who belong in one group tend to have the same characteristics, hobbies, attitudes and etc. In this case, you already have an idea about the person who belongs from the group. And this could be supported by the famous saying, "Birds with the same feathers, flocks together" which means that the individuals with the same characteristics will choose to be with the others that are the same from them. BUT, this does not mean that by simply knowing the group, you already know each individual as a person. From the group, there are also diffences between the members. So definitely, the answer is no.
alfonso.yahra01
alfonso.yahra01
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:37 am
Stereotypes and Representations in Media - Page 2 Images10

In connection to the topic, what can you say about this? Question
Armanalejandro27
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:12 pm
ellaelaeh wrote:What Is the role of the media in shaping public opinion?

The media serves as a medium in order to share information just like public opinion to a larger scale of audience. It can shape how the public opinion delivers whether it sounds good or not.
Armanalejandro27
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:14 pm
alfonso.yahra01 wrote:What could be the worst possible thing might happen to people from stereotyping?

I guess the worst thing could happen is death.
Armanalejandro27
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:19 pm
SJAreola wrote:How does stereotyping affect our way of seeing and experiencing the world?

Stereotyping affects everyones' perception with each other which denotes their experiences with the world.
Armanalejandro27
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:24 pm
alfonso.yahra01 wrote:Stereotypes and Representations in Media - Page 2 Images10

In connection to the topic, what can you say about this? Question

I agree with that statement. In the first place, truth is not easy to define. That's why you can't say that something is true, even you had the proof. There's some situation that you can see what is true but not the whole story with it. Maybe that part agrees on what you think but the other parts of the real story did not.
esthervictorio12

Stereotypes and Representations in Media - Page 2 Empty Stereotype eme

Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:54 pm
Is it possible to eradicate stereotype? If yes, how? If no, why?

(charaaaan)
Armanalejandro27
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:45 pm
Rivera.John.Michael.R wrote:What is the importance of stereo typing

Stereotyping can make us aware and be concious on our surroundings especially to those people around us. But this thing should be limit.
Armanalejandro27
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:50 pm
esthervictorio12 wrote:Is it possible to eradicate stereotype? If yes, how? If no, why?

I guess it is possible to eradicate stereotyping by also eradicating the media.

(charaaaan)
Armanalejandro27
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:05 pm
salango.lester wrote:Do you think that it is a good idea to stereotype people?

I don't think so. Maybe you should just be careful and aware in everything you do, anytime and anywhere.
Armanalejandro27
GURU

Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:12 pm
Rivera.John.Michael.R wrote:How can I prevent myself from stereotyping others?

Don't believe others, just yourself. Also, do not expose yourself in media so you wouldn't received much false information. Look to others that they are like good but do not trust anyone easily.
crislyn.santosidad

Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:26 pm
Give other advantage and disadvantage of stereotyping based on your own experience.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum